[KS] KCTV's hour-long paean to Kim Jong-un yesterday can now be seen in full by all

Robinson, Michael E. robime at indiana.edu
Mon Jan 9 16:09:20 EST 2012

Don and Aidan:

I just watched the balance of the video, and must say that however much we try to cast the North Koreans as real people, the DPRK state  propaganda machine is always producing  such material that works more to undermine a serious discussion of the state, society, and leadership.   Such is the power of the visual, most people don't see it necessary to go beyond the quick laugh.  I thought Ruediger Frank's recent essay in Japan Focus was a good corrective on the video.

Or perhaps this has already been mentioned:

http://japanfocus.org/-Ruediger-Frank/3674

Happy New Year All,

Mike Robinson