[KS] Ch?angkjak

Hilary V. Finchum-Sung finchumsung at snu.ac.kr
Tue Jan 24 06:14:03 EST 2012

I believe you mean 창극 (changgeuk), correct?  Changjak (창작) is a general term for new creative works.  If it is changgeuk you're wanting to research, then, yes works by Um, Andrew Killick, Chan Park, and Heather Willoughby would be perfect.  You might also check out the website of the National Changgeuk Theater:

The more significant information is in Korean, but the site also includes English information that you may find helpful.  Also, if you type in 국립창극단 in google or youtube, you will find some videos.

If you are looking for general information on "ch'angjak" music or performance lit in English and/or Korean, email me directly and I can help you with that.

Good luck.

Hilary Finchum-Sung

--- Original Message ---

David McCann

On Jan 23, 2012, at 4:47 AM, adina.cho at gmx.de Adina Cho

Ph.D. Candidate in UCLA's program in Culture and Performance

CedarBough Saeji
Address: 3171 S. Sepulveda Blvd Apt. 107, Los Angeles, CA 90034  

Permanent address: 220 Snowberry Lane Lopez Island, Wash. 98261

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://koreanstudies.com/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreanstudies.com/attachments/20120124/7c2a9f8f/attachment.html>

More information about the Koreanstudies mailing list