[KS] CFP NAOKOL 2012

Michael Pettid mjpettid2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 12:04:10 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Please circulate the following call for papers to interested parties.

Thanks,

Michael

NAOKOL
2011: CFP
Time:
October 6, 2012
Venue: Binghamton
University

We
invite submissions from those who are working in areas of the broadly defined
fields of Korean literature and Korean film for the fifth annual North American
Korean Literature Workshop to be held on October 6, 2012at Binghamton
University.  Among the aims of
NAOKOL are to share ongoing projects with peers and
seniors working in the field,and to
widely promote Korean literary and film studies.   We are particularly
seeking submissions by junior scholars of their manuscripts-in-progress for
discussion at the Workshop.  Additionally, we will hold a roundtable
discussion where members can share their works with the group.

Those
interested in presenting their work at
the Workshopshould send a 300 word abstract and short cv to the email
address below. Those interested in attending as discussantsshould likewise send an
expression of interest to the address below.  As in the past, travel
and accommodation expenses will be at least partly defrayed.  The
deadline for submissions is August 30, 2012.

Michael
J. Pettid
Professor
of Premodern Korean Studies
Director,
Translation, Research and Instruction Program
Binghamton
University
mpettid at binghamton.edu