[KS] Breve Input Tool for Han'gŭl Romanization

Hyoungbae Lee hyoungl at Princeton.EDU
Fri Jun 15 13:24:21 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I would like to share my Breve Input Tool for those who type ŏ or ŭ often for Han’gŭl Romanization.
I enter those vowels with the diacritic for Han’gŭl every day, but found it inconvenient to do copy-and-paste or to assign short-cut keys in each application.
So I made this utility for Windows (my apology for Mac users), using AutoIt script language.

It is very small and easy to use.
No installation is required.
Just keep it running, and start typing as usual in emails, documents, spreadsheets, etc.
When you need to enter ŏ or ŭ, click the button with the symbol that you want.
The tool will copy-and-paste symbols for you.

Download link: http://www.princeton.edu/~hyoungl/Utilities/Breve_Input_Tool.exe

Screenshot:
[cid:image001.png at 01CD455E.EACDCA50]

Please feel free to send me any suggestion or comment, so that I may improve the functionality of the tools.
(They may yield errors in some 64-bit Windows systems. Please let me know if they do.)

Best regards,
Hyoungbae Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hyoungbae Lee
Korean Studies Librarian
East Asian Library and the Gest Collection
33 Frist Campus Center Rm 307A
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Telephone: (609) 258-0417
Fax: (609) 258-4573
E-mail: HYOUNGL at PRINCETON.EDU<mailto:hyoungl at Princeton.edu>