[KS] Great Chosŏn Ramie Spinning, Ltd. (大朝鮮 苧麻 製絲 會社)

don kirk kirkdon at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 19:22:53 EDT 2012

Presbyterian Church of the US, no?
Don Kirk

--- On Sun, 5/13/12, Kenneth Robinson <anagosama at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Kenneth Robinson <anagosama at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [KS] Great Chosŏn Ramie Spinning, Ltd. (大朝鮮 苧麻 製絲 會社)
To: "Korean Studies Listserve" <koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws>
Date: Sunday, May 13, 2012, 8:07 PM

To all,

Ummm, in the previous message, what does "PCUS" stand for? The abbreviation does not appear in earlier messages in this thread. Thank you.

Ken Robinson

From: sungoak at hotmail.com
To: koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 03:10:46 -0400

Dear
Rev. Cameron Johnson left Korea soon after his arrival in Seoul in 1892 and worked in Japan.
He occasionally visited Korea. He was a very conservative clerical missionary of PCUS.
So he was not related to the business in Seoul at all.
Best,
Sung Deuk Oak