[KS] Yosu before 1948

Bertrand Roehner roehner at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue May 29 04:27:21 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, the port city of Yosu was almost
completely destroyed in late October 1948.

I would have some questions regarding this destruction.

 1) I wonder whether before October 1948
the houses in Yosu were made of wood or rather of bricks.
Would you know where I can find photographs or
postcards of Yosu before and after 1948?

 2) I wonder whether or not the main buildings (such
as the city hall, barracks or central hospital)
were also destroyed.

 3) I wonder whether some Americans living
in Yosu may have been hurt or perhaps even killed.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

With my best wishes
Bertrand Roehner

Bertrand ROEHNER