[KS] Korean Commons?

Lauren Deutsch lwdeutsch at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 02:49:14 EDT 2012

I base my understanding of ³commons² on the study of the history of
journalism, including the posting of broadside documents in the town
³commons² (usually the crossroads of a social / commercial zone). In
abstraction, I see it as an ecosystem that facilitates the exchange of ideas
-- a locus, (physical site or perhaps virtual), that is accessible to and
broad enough to accommodate a population of individuals who seek opportunity
to enter for the purpose of exchanging thoughts and other resources. In a
sense the Korean Studies listserv media is a ³commons.²
My proposing Creative Commons is to emphasize the embolden text below:

Creative Commons mission is to develop, support and steward legal and
technical infrastructure that maximizes digital creativity, sharing, and
innovation. Our vision is nothing less than realizing the full potential of
the Internet ‹ universal access to research and education, full
participation in culture ‹ to drive a new era of development, growth, and
productivity.

I hope this helps.

Lauren

--