[KS] Info about Pyongyang

don kirk kirkdon at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 21:40:07 EDT 2012

Am not sure we're talking about the same thing, but I visited a spacious Korean History Museum on Kim Il-sung square in July. It fills almost one whole side of the square, covering history from most ancient times to Japanese period, not the Korean War. It's opposite the foreign trade ministry, I think, down from the foreign ministry.
That's different from the Fatherland Wars' Museum, which I've visited at least three times. (I may not have quite the right name for that one.) I also took a long walk through Moran Park. Always in custody of minders, we didn't see any "Central History Museum" there -- but maybe we missed it. Saw the Pueblo in Wonsan in 1995, then saw it moored in the Daedong River in Pyongyang in 2005, not sure when it got there. (Not that you asked, but I was told they took down the antenna, other stuff that made it look like a navy ship, eg., that gun on the rear deck, covered it with tarps and sailed it around the peninsula.)
Don Kirk