[KS] Online resources

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Feb 12 02:07:37 EST 2013

Am I the only person who did not know that over 3,700 volumes of ancient Korean books  from the C. V. Starr East Asian Library, University of California, Berkeley, can be freely read online or downloaded in PDF through the Internet Archive? the gateway is   http://archive.org/details/starr and they seem to include 2,600 volumes from the Asami collection if I understand their search functions correctly.

On a smaller scale, the 15 volumes of "Chosen koseki zufu" (朝鮮古蹟圖譜 조선고적도보 Joseon Gojeok Dobo)  series initiated by Sekino Tadashi and published 1915-1935 are available online, http://portal.nricp.go.kr/japancolony/web/photobook.jsp  the PDF files of each volume are very large but they are magnificent photos, especially volumes 10-13 with photos of palaces and temples etc.

Brother Anthony