[KS] Soviet intelligence school for Koreans

Bill Streifer photografr7 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 16:50:46 EDT 2013

I've just obtained a 1947 CIA document that refers to 1945 CIC (Counter Intelligence Corps) report. According to that report, the Soviets operated a Soviet Intelligence Training School (service unknown) in Hamhung for Korean middle school graduates between the ages of 19 and 28 of either sex. They were taught espionage and sabotage, and a Soviet Navy Captain was on the teaching staff. Each course was taken by 200 Korean students.

The information was obtained from one of the two Korean students who were arrested, one of whom in 1946. The school reportedly graduated 500 student, 300 of whom were sent to South Korea to gather information regarding U.S. troops, the political situation, and were sent on missions involving terrorism.

My Russian colleague says that a Russian authority on North Korea believes that the Soviet Union had little interest in North Korea during or shortly after WWII. This intelligence report is but one I found which demonstrates they did.

Bill Streifer

Bill Streifer & Irek Sabitov
The Flight of the Hog Wild
TheFlightoftheHogWild.com