[KS] Korea during WWII

カプリオマークE caprio at rikkyo.ac.jp
Mon Jun 10 20:42:18 EDT 2013

This is an interesting question seeing that the US did bomb Taiwan. My
guess is that US bombing missions were inching their way north and the
Korean peninsula was not on that route at the time. That Rhee had an in
with Roosevelt I would doubt very much. I think people in D.C. were rather
sick of him by that time. Also, Roosevelt did not live much longer after
the major bombings of Tokyo began in March 1945. Perhaps the US was not
familiar with the potential targets available in Korea??

Mark Caprio