[KS] Cold War Campaigns in South Korea in the 1960s

Minkyu Sung minkyusung at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 22:34:31 EST 2013

Dear all,

can anyone suggest any sources about Cold War campaigns in South Korea in the 1960s?

Broadly I am interested in any civilian groups and popular as well as scholarly organizations and figures which were involved in Cold War campaigns (presumably with support of the government) targeting communist countries in the 1960s in South Korea.

I'd also like to know of any sources to help understand Cold War campaign strategies developed by the Park Chung-hee government during the decade (e.g. the government's Ministry of Information Service, "공보부" in Korean) and how those strategies would be distinguished from the Rhee government's Cold War/anti-communist campaigns in the 1950s.

Thank you for your help.

Minkyu

--
Minkyu Sung, PhD