[KS] old MS Word / Korean font question

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Wed Nov 13 07:39:53 EST 2013

Dear All:

A quick question:
On the Mac I mostly used "AppleMyungjo" in the 1990s, and a font of
that name is still present now in the latest OS (X.9). But I only see
scrambled text like this: ãÛ≠ å´ßÔ

The problem seems to occur because of the Unicode conversion, I think.
No interest to research that, just looking for a practical solution.
Does anyone know of a way to convert old MS Word texts using
AppleMyungjo or similar old CJK fonts so the characters show again?

Did you experience the same problem on Windows PCs?

Best,
Frank