[KS] Translation of The Army and I Paik Sun Yup

Jiyul Kim jiyulkim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 09:50:46 EDT 2013

This book has already been translated by Bruce Grant and published by
Brassey's (hardcover 1992, paperback 1999) and titled /From Pusan to
Panmunjom/. However, for whatever reason the final chapter (Chapter 9 ??
?? ??) was not translated and it contains the most interesting anecdote
on how Paik saved Park Chung Hee' life during the purge of the ROK Army
just before the Korean War. That chapter may be worth translating.

Jiyul Kim
Oberlin, OH