[KS] Interpreters for July event in New York, North Korean experiences living in the South

Sixiang Wang sw2090 at columbia.edu
Sat Apr 19 19:29:10 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm sending the message on behalf of a group looking for volunteer
interpreters for an event in July. It is rather early, but I just thought
I'd put it out there. Here is the information that was passed along to me.
 If you are interested, or perhaps know someone who might be, please
contact the organizer Mark Lee (mark.lee at stern.nyu.edu)

*** ***
See below for more information regarding the event itself.  From a
volunteer perspective, we are looking for people who can act as translators
between the panelists and the audience, especially after the discussion
panel itself when the panelists and audience mingle.  I'm thinking we'll
need 10 volunteers (one for each panelist / program participant).

*Event*: A discussion panel with participants of the Korean American
Sharing Movement’s Washington Leadership Program.  This program brings 8-10
North Korean refugees living in South Korea to America for 10 days.  In
this panel, the participants will share their experiences about living in
North Korea and their resettlement in South Korea.