[KS] North Korean temple photos

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Wed Aug 13 08:24:32 EDT 2014

How is it possible that someone posts completely wrong information on
such images (with wrong dating also) allegedly depicting a Korean
"national treasure"? (Changan-sa was already declared a national
treasure during the colonial period, and it still is now.) That posting
Brother Anthony referred to was copied a good 100 times on the
Internet, to various blogs. Nowhere do I see any sort of responses
there, someone saying, no, that is all bogus and all wrong. Why is
this? If I post an image of Neuschwanstein on a Korean board and claim
it to be Buckingham Palace, I think I'd be corrected within minutes. Or
bloggers would at least question that within minutes. To be sure, I am
NOT saying that every sixth grader would need to know how Changan-sa
looked, or what those photos actually show, etc. But it is somewhat
disturbing to see that with that much attention these posts get in
Korea (trough replications), the public just digests that and nobody
jumps on it. And this was just one of so many examples. I find that
highly disturbing.

This is not meant to be a rhetorical question.

Best,
Frank