[KS] Early accounts of Korea

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Jan 28 04:39:17 EST 2014

I do not know how many people are familiar with the account of Korea published by Alexander Williamson in 1870. He got about as close as anyone could by selling Christian books to Koreans at the Palissade Gates in Manchuria. I have now included that account in my online anthology, as http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/WilliamsonCorea1870.html  where there is already another fascinating account of Koreans from about the same time, also from Manchuria, by an interesting American, Walton Grinnell, who spent time in Manchuria, at http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/ManchuriaWaltonGrinnell.html and the full list of Old Books about Korea remains at http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/BooksKorea.htm

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea