[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 127, Issue 28

Bill Streifer photografr7 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 19:18:41 EST 2014

Roald,

When you said "urgency" did you "imminent"? As the article suggests, the only urgency is something only the North Korean people or North Korea government can do. Otherwise, it's out of our hands. Whether an assassination attempt or coup is imminent, only time will tell.

You also said he "mocks his readers with the sense of urgency." Don't you think that the recent assassination of his own uncle and the recent "provocative" threat to nuke South Korea has raised the ante a bit? But I have to admit that this is not the first time that North Korea has threatened South Korea with the nuclear option.

Bill

Thanks for sharing. I love Mr Bender’s sense of irony. The “North Korea, already on unsteady footing” and “turned over leadership as many times in two years as his father did in 17” parts are my favourite. I love how he mocks his readers with the sense of urgency created by unsubstantiated hearsay. Wonderful stuff!