[KS] Fwd: High-quality pan-CJK typeface from Google+Adobe

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Wed Jul 16 12:30:58 EDT 2014

Two more notes:

(a) In the last note I forgot to post the actual URL:
    http://www.google.com/get/noto/cjk.html
    But now I see this one seems even easier for downloadng and
installing it:
    http://www.google.com/get/noto/install.html

(b) Far  m o r e   i m p o r t a n t :
    I cannot get the Noto Sans CJK fonts to work in MS Word on a Mac. I
am at the latest version of Mac OSX and have the latest update of MS
Word for Mac 2011. Does this require 'Microsoft Office 365' (which
seems to widely opens your computer to various state "authorities" to
look over your shoulder in warm care)? The fonts work in all programs I
tried, including MS Excel and other non MS programs, but in MS Word I
get an extra trailing space after Hanja characters -- even if I apply
that Noto font to words/names I had already typed and formatted in
another font such as Batang. As an example, it is impossible to write "
漢子" -- I only can write "漢 子". Any information related to this? (I
could not find anything.) These would otherwise be absolutely wonderful
fonts.

Frank

http://googledevelopers.blogspot.jp/2014/07/noto-cjk-font-that-is-complete.html