[KS] North Koreans in Brazil?

カプリオマーク E. caprio at rikkyo.ac.jp
Sun Jul 27 07:44:29 EDT 2014

This has been an interesting discussion on Korean POWs being sent to
neutral countries after the Korean War. I believe that the movie JSA (Joint
Security Area) built on this by making the female major assigned to
investigate the incident at the DMZ a product of one North Korean who was
sent to somewhere in South America where he met a Swiss (I believe) lady
who brought him back to Switzerland. The movie offers some statistics on
the number of Koreans who accepted this option, though they would have to
be verified.

Mark Caprio
Rikkyo University