[KS] North Koreans in Brazil?

Yoo Kwang-On almakoreana at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:14:53 EDT 2014

Two Koreas mark the 61st anniversary of the cease-fire on July 27th.

RE: Choi In-Hun's (최인훈, 1936-) 광장 (The Square), 1960,

Further to Aidan Foster-Carter and Marion Eggert comments, Mr. Choi
In-Hun's *T**he Square* was translated into English in 1985 by Kevin
O'Rouke and is still available at UKAmazon.com <http://amazon.com/>.

RE: The 76 Prisoners of War that chose to repatriated to India and Brazil

According to the attached U.S. Army reports, out of a total of 82,493 South
Korean and North Korean Prisoners of War, 76 (2 from the South and 74 from
the North) opted to go to the third countries rather than their country of
origin. They first went to India with the Custodial Forces of India(CFI) in
late 1953.

According to the video Brother Anthony posted, they stayed in India until
1956 and then
50 of them moved to Brazil, as cited on an entry on Chosun.com
<http://chosun.com/>, dated November 18, 2011.
At that time 18 of the ex-POWs were still living. Three of them were
Pastors.

Broter Anthony's video:
http://www.britishpathe.com/video/korean-ex-pows-move-to-brazil

Chosun.com article in Korean: