[KS] Did Park Geun-Hye say "Japan's annexation of Korea was never internationally accepted"?

Knoob, Stefan stefan.knoob at asia-europe.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Mar 9 16:48:43 EDT 2014

Dear all,

In a casual conversation with I was recently told that Park Geun-Hye supposedly made a statement along the lines of "the annexation of Korea by Japan was never accepted by the Western powers" or something similar

I don't follow Korean news media that regularly, but this aroused my curiosity as I had not heard any claim like this before. I therefore went onto Google and Naver and made a series of searches with relevant terms, in both Korean and English, but have not been able to dig up anything remotely resembling such a statement.

Has anybody come across this perhaps and can point me to an (approximate) date, occasion or statement that may have been about something else but contained such a claim?

Best
Stefan

Dr. Stefan Knoob
Lecturer for Korean and Korean Studies
Centre for East Asian Studies     AND       Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context"
Sinologie, Akademiestr. 4-8                      KJC, Building 4400, Vossstr. 2
69117 Heidelberg                                        69115 Heidelberg
                E-mail: stefan.knoob at zo.uni-heidelberg.de<mailto:stefan.knoob at zo.uni-heidelberg.de>