[KS] Invitation to 2014 International Symposium of Map Collectors' Society(IMCos), Oct. 21 - Oct. 24, 2014, Seoul

Yoo Kwang-On almakoreana at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:36:25 EDT 2014

It is our great pleasure to invite you to the Symposium.

http://www.2014imcos.com/

IMCoS is very proud that it will be able to hold its annual international
symposium at the National Library of Korea, Seoul from Tuesday 21st October
 to Friday 24th October, 2014.

After the publication of Matteo Ricci's famous map (Kunyu wanguo quantu,
坤輿萬國全圖, 1602) in China, maps became a particularly useful medium in East
Asia for showing the world. Since then maps have been a symbol of peace
together with the interchange of culture.

Especially, one of the unique factors of Korean old maps is the idea of
peacefulness. We will try to show you the interchange of vitality and
peacefulness on East Asian traditional maps in Seoul.

Furthermore, we will have a full social program, including a map fair, a
tour with old maps, as well as excursions before and after the
symposium. Please
join us and enjoy Korean traditional popular culture with Maps.

Please let us know whether you are planning to visit us and if you have a
paper to present, be sure to contact us as soon as possible.

IMCoS

Organizing Committee of 32nd International Symposium IMCoS
The National Library of Korea
The Korean Research Association of Old Maps
Pusan National University