[KS] does anybody remember how the public pay phone listed emergency numbers in South Korea, around 1991?

Namhee Lee namhee at chwe.net
Wed May 21 14:12:35 EDT 2014

Dear list members:

I'm looking for your help in confirming my memory of how the South Korean public pay phone listed the emergency numbers, around 1991. If I remember correctly, there were three numbers in the following order:

113 report a spy

119 emergency

112 police

Would anybody remember if the numbers were listed in the above order? I'm mainly trying to confirm the order of the numbers and not the numbers themselves.

Best,
Namhee

Namhee Lee
Associate Professor of Modern Korean History
Asian Languages & Cultures
University of California, Los Angeles
290 Royce Hall, Box 951540
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1540