[KS] does anybody remember how the public pay phone listed emergency numbers in South Korea, around 1991?

Margolis Joshua jmargolis72 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:53:14 EDT 2014

Looks like it was 112, 113, then 119 from top to bottom. Just google "공중전화", select Images, and filter for large ones. Here is a direct link to one where it's easily readable:

http://cfs13.tistory.com/image/36/tistory/2008/12/07/13/23/493b4fc3eb829

These are consistent with the model of pay phone I remember from that time. I'd actually forgotten about that, it's been so long, but it reminds me of the ads all over the subway cars offering rewards for reporting spies and spy rings.