[KS] The first modern Western visitor to Seoul

Robert N robertneff103 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:37:44 EST 2014

Brother Anthony,

Thank you for posting the link - I always enjoyed these early encounters.
Like you, I do not know who the first Westerner was to enter Seoul and walk
feely about but I do know that there was one Westerner who allegedly
traveled in the vicinity of Seoul in August 1882.  From the writing style I
am guessing he and his companions were Americans but I am not sure.

I think over the next couple of years we will discover more of these early
visits in the journals forgotten in attics or home-town newspapers that are
no longer in circulation.

Robert