[KS] using numbers to form phrases

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Sun Oct 19 23:04:06 EDT 2014

Well, might sound unintentionally ironic -- but: the Chinese have no
alphabet, and thus typing a domain name in Latin letters would mean to
use a foreign language. Arabic numerals have in the past decades widely
been adapted! Not so English as such (or the Latin alphabet), in spite
of the existence of Pinyin.

So, is there not a very simple historic reason then for this use of
these Arabic numerals in domain names? I mean, it has only been for a
rather short time that you can use, for example, Han'gŭl (http://한국학
.com) or Chinese characters in domain names. Isn't the popularity of
Arabic numerals just a left-over from the time before Chinese character
domains were allowed?

By the way -- easier to remember your form URL as
http://goo.gl/forms/ok0ZFP3nzv
is:
http://韩国学.移动

Works just as well :::)