[KS] formal question (which version of Chinese characters?)

Best, Jonathan jbest at wesleyan.edu
Sat May 23 11:48:46 EDT 2015

Dear Frank,

I wholly agree with Andrew and will add that in the instance of a long running journal that has been around long enough to have the kind of graphs used in its title, etc. pass through a change or two, I'd use the graphs employed when the particular number of the journal being cited was issued.

From: Koreanstudies [koreanstudies-bounces at koreanstudies.com] on behalf of Andrew [zatouichi at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 12:35 PM
To: koreanstudies at koreanstudies.com
Subject: Re: [KS] formal question (which version of Chinese characters?)

Dear Frank,

I claim no expertise on this topic, but just to offer an opinion: unless making a political statement, I'd have thought it's always best to reproduce whatever has been used in the original publication.

Although obviously closely related, traditional, Simplified and Japanese kanji are now - synchronically speaking - independent scripts used to represent different languages. (Anecdotally, when I very briefly worked at a Japanese company, they complained when I typed Japanese $B at D$$(B with Korean $B|X(B as they didn't regarded it to be the same).


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://koreanstudies.com/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreanstudies.com/attachments/20150523/504c4692/attachment.html>

More information about the Koreanstudies mailing list