[KS] unicode

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Sun May 31 18:36:08 EDT 2015

Dear Professor Cheong:

Thank you again.
The first point below -- I include your entire mail here as quote: I am
not sure if I understand that correct.
Duplicate "code points" (definition here, for everyone to follow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_point) ...  we find them listed here:
http://unicode.org/charts/  ... look for "East Asian Scripts" ... let
me come back to Andrew's original example here: 요 遼 and 료 遼.
http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/UF900.pdf
We find this ideograph, as you pointe out to me in your earlier mail,
at two places, ones in the "regular" character table, and then in the
"CJK Compatibility Ideographs" set. Here is a listing of that CJK
Compatibility Ideographs set with ALL the code points etc. as it is or
should be implemented in modern Unicode fonts:
http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2F800.pdf
We find 遼 (요) on page 12 of that PDF document (\uf9c3) -- while the
료 遼 version, as you pointed out earlier, is in the regular table.