[KS] Mac Users / Korean: WARNING! (Update to OS X El Capitan)

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Mon Oct 5 15:11:53 EDT 2015

HOW-TO: Fix the Unwanted Extra Space Issue:

Here is a simple way of how to fix that described issue in MS Word for
Mac (2011 and 2016), were we see an extra, unwanted space after
numerals when using CJK fonts -- a typical example for this is a year
followed by 년 or 年. It's clearly a bug, and I cannot get you an
analytical "why" or "when" for its occurrence. But if you see that
problem, what you can do to fix it, case by case, is this:

Download my EARLIER posted MS Word TEST file:
http://goo.gl/wqFxsV
(You can test this out in that file itself ... OTHERWISE, just copy
from that test file to your own text.)

As shown in below IMAGE, do this (it is very simple):
- highlight and copy the *space* following the PARAGRAPH (in below
image shown in baby blue) where the spacing works fine (e.g. in line 2
of the test file; in my test file each line is, technically, a
paragraph)
- now paste that copied space to the end of a paragraph where you see
this problem ... that will fix it.
  (With that copy/paste operation you also copied some of the
formatting for the paragraph (e.g. line spacing), so, in some cases you
may have afterwards to re-do the paragraph related formatting in FORMAT
==> PARAGRAPH.)