[KS] job vacancy International institute of Korean Studies project officer

Hazel hazel.a.smith at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 15 14:09:50 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues

Can I please bring to your attention  the advertisement of a vacancy for a
PROJECT OFFCER in the International institute of Korean Studies at UCLan. I
have posted in below the details and all information as to how to apply are
available on the UCLan website at http://www.uclan.ac.uk/work/

With thanks, Hazel.

Job title

Project Officer

Job reference

REQ002108

Date posted

15/04/2016

Application closing date

29/05/2016

Location

Preston Campus

Salary

Grade: G (£28,982 - £33,574)

Job category/type

Support

Job description

The International Institute of Korean Studies UCLAN (IKSU) was established
under the leadership of Professor Hazel Smith as a multidisciplinary hub of
research, teaching and public policy in the study of contemporary Korea.

The post-holder will support the IKSU Director in the successful development
of the commercial and academic operation of IKSU.  As the Project Officer
for IKSU you will be a vital part of the team in a rapidly growing Institute
which has generated national and international media interest and which is
the umbrella institution for our successful Korean language undergraduate
degrees, our applied Korean courses and our PhD cohort.  You will work
within an enthusiastic and professional team of academics and will
contribute to the achievement of IKSU's vision and strategy, enhancing the
profile and reputation of IKSU internally, regionally, nationally and
internationally.

We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience of co-ordinating or
supporting a busy team underpinned by exceptional organisational and
administrative skills. Utilising good oral and written communication skills,
in Korean and English, the post-holder will develop responses to
income-generating opportunities (academic and commercial); develop and
maintain of links with internal university-wide stakeholders, including
students and staff, and will particularly coordinate with service
departments including finance and marketing.

Experience of working with external stakeholders such as professional bodies
and/or employers relevant to IKSU is essential as the post holder will
liaise with university wide and external partners at all levels, including
government, business and third sector officials as well as the global media.
The post-holder will also develop and manage the IKSU media profile as well
as be responsible for managing the internal organisation of IKSU.

An ability to prioritise tasks, work with minimal supervision and deliver
high quality reports to deadlines are essential.

Informal inquiries may be made to Professor Hazel Smith at
hasmith2 at uclan.ac.uk <mailto:hasmith2 at uclan.ac.uk>

Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification
to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.

School/Service: International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU), School of
Journalism, Language and Communication

Hours: Full Time (1.0 FTE)

Basis: Fixed Term contract for 2 years

Interview Date: To be confirmed