[KS] In Due Course

Rolf Siverson siverson at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 25 11:43:22 EST 2016

I agree with the previous responses that the wording is meant to be intentionally ambiguous.

To provide some additional context, the contemporary Japanese translation of the Cairo Declaration used the term “軈テ.” I think this translation at least captures some of the ambiguity of the original English. It indicates a relatively short period of time, but relative to what? It could be a matter of hours or a matter of years.

That being said, translating 軈 directly as 잠시 does not seem entirely accurate given its current usage. Perhaps 적당한 시기 captures this better.

Rolf Siverson