[KS] <NYU EAS Korean Speaker Series 2016> The World and Cinema beyond Empire: On Exile Trilogy by SoYoung Kim

YongWoo Lee nomadologie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:58:53 EDT 2016

Please change the previous one as this information.

Thank you so much

___________________

You are cordially invited to an event hosted by the Department of East
Asian Studies at New York University:

<Korean Speaker Series 2016>
The World and Cinema beyond Empire: On Exile Trilogy
by SoYoung Kim (Cinema Studies at Korean National University of Arts)

Please join us for the opportunity to hear SoYoung Kim, professor in cinema
studies at Korea National University of Arts as well as documentary film
maker, speaks about her documentary film series Exile Trilogy: Heart of
Snow, Heart of Blood (2014), Sound of Nomad: Koryo Arirang (2016) and
Goodbye My Love, NK (forthcoming). Kim traces the unknown history of Korean
diaspora (Koryo people) and their migration around Eurasia from the Far
East Russia, Siberia to Central Asia. Kim’s exile trilogy is the story
about survivors and descendants of Koryo people, whose lives can trigger
seminal questions on national and transnational construction of “Korean”
identity in the world, and the meaning of geopolitical sense of sovereignty
in the nomadic space of dispersion and dissemination. Please see the
attached poster for more information on her presentation!

http://eas.as.nyu.edu/docs/IO/43133/NYU_SoYoungKim_A4.pdf

When: March 28th.(Monday) 5:00-7:00pm.

Where: 19 University Place, 1st Floor, Room 102, New York University

Speaker: SoYoung Kim, Cinema Studies at Korean National University of Arts
(aka Kim Jeong as Filmmaker)

Sponsored by the Asian Film and Media Initiative in the Department of
Cinema Studies

Chaired by Yongwoo Lee (Assistant professor/Faculty fellow of EAS)

--
*Yongwoo Lee *(Ph.D.)