[KS] Standards of Professional Conduct

Werner Sasse werner_sasse at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:44:31 EDT 2016

Hello, this is Werner, one of the "owners" of this list.

I am very sorry that below posting did not become rejected. (Sorry, whoever let this go on the list, I am busy, too, and sometimes...)

The content of the American Historical Association's Standards of Professional Conduct is not my problem, as it only states what is decent scholarly behavior, and who would not agree with its content.

My problem is the folowing statment:

"If you agree with this as I do, and if Korean Studies forum is not the place for this "public discussion" of scholarship about Korea, as some subscribers seem to opine, then where?"

I can only understand the way this is posted without any concrete statement or address as slander.

==> WHO is "some subscribers"? Who seems to opine?

==> WHO has remarked that "Korean Studies forum is not the place for this "public discussion" of scholarship about Korea" or acted in a way to justify such a strong statement?

For me the posting is exactly the kind of posting the American Historical Association's Standards of Professional Conduct is trying to work against.

As I said in the beginning: I am very sorry that below posting did not become rejected. I am really sorry.