[KS] PBS series looking for Korean translator

Park, Eugene Y. epa at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 24 23:31:40 EDT 2016

Dear Young-Key (and other colleagues thinking of me for this)

For your information, I am already in touch with Ms. Pointdujour, advising her on more technical aspects of researching on Korean family histories, but I asked her to look elsewhere for someone to actually translate the documents. I have briefed her on the promises and pitfalls of using a Korean genealogy (chokpo) for this type of research—a point which the 2013 episode that covered Margaret Cho as well as interviewing me did not address at all in spite of my urgings to the produce at the time.

Cheers,
Gene

---
Eugene Y. Park
Korea Foundation Associate Professor of History
Director, James Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies
University of Pennsylvania
https://www.sas.upenn.edu/ealc/people/eugene-y-park