[KS] Hangul question: original graphic distinction between eo (Yale e) and arae ae (Yale oy)

Samuel Robert Ramsey ramsey at umd.edu
Sat Apr 8 12:13:48 EDT 2017

Gee, there may well be some good online source of that information now, and
somebody on this discussion group list may know about it. But as for me, I
still use hard-copy dictionaries originally given/provided to me by SNU
people.

The best, most up-to-date Korean dictionary I personally know of right now
is 표준국어대사전 in three volumes from the 국립국어연구원. Or, alternatively, you could
use 한글학회's 우리말 큰 사전, which has historical forms in a separate, fourth
volume.

But neither of those two dictionaries gives you an easy list of the
Sino-Korean forms you ask about. That's why I suggested Nam Gwang-u's
dictionary, which is explicitly that.

I suggest you ask some of the bright young linguistic and philological
scholars in Korea, who could give you the best advice about where you might
go for the latest in the way of online resources. --But maybe others in
this discussion group could also do that!

Bob