[KS] lecturer position at UC Irvine

David Fedman david.fedman at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:30:55 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to draw attention to the following advertisement for a
part-time lecturer in Korean history:

The Department of History at UC Irvine announces a part time lecturer
position for the 2017-2018 academic year. We are seeking candidates with
strong teaching credentials who can contribute to our undergraduate program
in the field of Korean History for Fall 2017.

History 70A: Korean History (Lower Division) – Fall 2017 **

The department will create a pool of candidates and will make selections
when the final budget is approved. The salary is $6512.38 per course (based
on an annual 9 month salary of $52,099).

Applications must be submitted on line at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/
apply/JPF03972

Interested applicants should provide a letter of application, CV, sample
syllabus of your proposed course(s) and evidence of teaching excellence
(ie. course evaluations or teaching statement), and 2 letters of
recommendation.

*Minimum Requirement: Ph.D. in History or related field.

To ensure full consideration please apply before June 9, 2017.

The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories
covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.

**Service Period (09/25/17 to 12/15/17) / Pay Period (10/01/17 to 12/31/17.
Checks issued 1st of Nov., Dec., Jan.)

Questions should be directed to:

Marc Kanda Department Manager
UC Irvine: Department of History
mhkanda at uci.edu / (949) 824-6522

All best,
David Fedman
(Asst. Prof. of Japanese and Korean History)