[KS] RAS Korea upcoming activities

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Apr 30 02:10:14 EDT 2018

Members of this list present in Seoul might wish to participate in the activities of the Royal Asiatic Society in the coming weeks. Full details are available on our home page http://www.raskb.com/ Our programs will continue through into July, for those coming to Korea in the summer.

Brother Anthony
President RAS Korea

Upcoming Lectures (In Somerset Palace, starting at 7:30 pm)

May 8 Robert Fouser: Changing Attitudes toward Korean Language Education in Japan
May 29 Chelle Jones: LesBiTrans Migrant Life in South Korea
June 5 John Lee: The Green Hills, Reconsidered: Korea's Environmental History in World-Historical Perspective.
June 26 Doohee Chung: Learning by Doing: Techniques Used in Royal Portraiture During the Late Joseon Dynasty

Upcoming Excursions

Monday May 7 Jongno (Suk Ji-hoon, walking)
May 12-13 Tea in Jirisan (Br Anthony)
Saturday May 19 Heavenly-Treasure and and Buddha-Rock Temples on Mt. Bulam-san (David Mason, walking)
Buddha’s Birthday Tuesday 22 May Seoul temples (Jeremy Seligson)
Sunday May 27 Hanok History and Preservation (Robert Fouser, walking)
Saturday June 9 RAS Garden Party (members only)

Seoul Colloquium in Korean Studies (with EFEO)
Thursday May 10 in the Asiatic Research Institute, Korea University:
Dr. Annie Pedret, Spatial Futures:  Pyongyang 2050

National Museum of Contemporary Korean History
Wednesday, May 16 at 6:50: Jeju 4.3 is Now Our History (with Don Kirk)