[KS] Translations published in 2017

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Fri Jan 12 21:16:30 EST 2018

I have an online page listing (briefly) English translations of (South) Korean literature published since 2012 http://anthony.sogang.ac.kr/TranslationsKoreanRecent.html   (other lists exist for before then). In 2017 I noted the following, and would be glad to be told of anything missed. The great predominance of fiction will be noted.

Brother Anthony

Fiction

Recitation
Bae SuAh
Translated by Deborah Smith
Deep Vellum Publishing. 2017

Wolves
Jeon Sungtae
Translated by Sora Kim-Russell
White Pine Press. 2017

The Hole
Hye-young Pyun
Translated by Sora Kim-Russell
Arcade Publishing. 2017

I Hear Your Voice
Kim Young-ha
Translated by Krys Lee
Mariner Books. 2017

Meeting with My Brother
Yi Mun-Yol
Translated by Heinz Insu Fenkl, Yoosup Chang
Columbia University Press. 2017

The Impossible Fairy Tale
Han Yujoo
Translated by Janet Hong
Graywolf Press. 2017

Familiar Things
Hwang Sok-yong
Translated by Sora Kim-Russell
Scribe Publications. 2017.

Sweet Potato
Kim Tongin
Translated by Grace Jung
Hornford Star. 2017.

Nobody Checks the Time When They’re Happy
Eun Heekyung
Translated by Amber Kim
White Pine Press. 2017

North Station
Bae SuAh
Translated by Deborah Smith
Open Letter Press 2017

The White Book
Han Kang
Translated by Deborah Smith
Portobello Books 2017

Poetry

Grasshoppers' Eyes
Ko Hyeong-Ryeol
Translated by Brother Anthony of Taizé
Parlor Press. 2017

SF-Consensus
Park Je-chun
Translated by Chang Soo Ko
Homa & Sekey. 2017

The Worm Poet
Sungsun Lee
Translated by Jongyoll Cho
Jain. 2017

Poems of Kim Yideum, Kim Haengsook & Kim Min Jeong
Translated by Jiyoon LeeDon Mee ChoiJake Levine and Johannes Goransson
Vagabond Press. 2017

Ah, Mouthless Things
Lee Seong-Bok
Translated by Eun-Gwi Chung, Myung Mi Kim, and Brother Anthony of Taizé.
Green Integer 2017

Black Kite
Kim Jong-Gil
Translated by Brother Anthony of Taizé
MerwinAsia 2017

ASIA Publishing: K-Poets series (20 poems each volume)
1. Poems by Ko Un (2017) translated by Brother Anthony of Taizé & Lee Sang-Wha
2. Poems by Ahn Do-Hyun (2017) translated by Brother Anthony of Taizé