[KS] AAR Korean Relgions Unit CFP

DeberniereTorrey djtorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 16:14:26 EST 2018

 Korean Religions Unit of the American Academy of Religion Call for Papers:
The Korean Religions Unit welcomes proposals for papers sessions, roundtable sessions, and individual papers. Proposals in all areas of Korean Religions will be considered, but we are especially interested in working around the theme of Religion and Public Life in Korea.

We wish to utilize the new AAR presentation option of two 90-minute sessions for our unit, which will allow us two papers sessions of two to three presenters each, and an additional option of a roundtable session of up to four presenters. We therefore look forward to your active contribution of proposals.

Subtopics proposed by interested AAR members are listed below, along with the contact information of each prospective organizer. If you would like to contribute to a panel proposal or a roundtable proposal on one of these topics, please contact the organizer directly.

• New religions in Korea (Don Baker ubcdbaker at gmail.com)
• Religion and state/religious institutions and civic responsibility (Yeon-seung Lee yslpk88 at gmail.com)
• Roundtable: Religion and LGBT communities (Tim Lee t.lee at tcu.edu)
• Heresy and orthodoxy (Heidi Park heekyu.park at ewha.ac.kr)