[KS] Journal of Korean Religions Vol 9 No 1 April 2018 Publication Announcement

Seong Nae Kim snkim at sogang.ac.kr
Sat Jun 16 09:59:51 EDT 2018

Dear Korean studies scholars, I am the editor of Journal of Korean Religions, published by the Institute for the Study of Religion, at Sogang University.We are pleased to announce the publication of new issue of Journal of Korean Religions Vol 9 No 1 April 2018.Its special theme is "Religions in Cold War Korea and Peacemaking".Our guest editors are Heonik Kwon and Seong Nae Kim.This publication of special issue seems to some out at the right time of prospective dissolution of Cold War system in Korea.  Journal of Korean Religions
Volume 9 Number 1 April 2018
Guest Editors’ Introduction _ 5
       Heonik Kwon and Seong Nae Kim
Special Issue: Religions in Cold War Korea and Peacemaking  Campus Crusade ‘‘Explosions’’: Conversions and Conservatism from the US
Bible Belt to Cold War South Korea, 1972–1974 _ 11
Helen Jin Kim  American Power in Korean Shamanism _ 43
Heonik Kwon and Jun Hwan Park
Trans-Border Rituals for the Dead: Experiential Knowledge of Paternal
Relatives after the Jeju 4.3 Incident _ 71
Sungman Koh
Towards a Universal Model of Reconciliation: The Case of the Jeju 4.3
Incident _ 105
Myung-Lim Park
A Christian Pacifist: An Chunggu˘ n’s Christian Ethics and
Armed Struggle _ 131
Jieun Han
Research Article
Islamophobia and the Politics of Representation of Islam in Korea _ 159
Gi Yeon Koo
Book Reviews _ 193
Christianity and Imperialism in Modern Japan: Empire for God.
Emily Anderson
Reviewed by Don Baker
The Gendered Politics of the Korean Protestant Right: Hegemonic Masculinity.
Nami Kim
Reviewed by Haewon Yang

Seong Nae Kim, Ph.D. 김성례 金成禮
Professor, Department of Religious Studies
Editor , Journal of Korean Religions (JKR)
Institute for the Study of Religion, Sogang University
35 Baekbeom-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, 04107, South Korea
snkim at sogang.ac.kr, http://jkr.sogang.ac.kr
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_korean_religions