[KS] AKSE NEWSLETTER, VOL. 42
vladimir.tikhonov at ikos.uio.no
Mon Nov 26 13:32:19 EST 2018
Dear members of the Association for Korean Studies in Europe,
I am honoured to be able to inform you that the No. 42 of AKSE Newsletter is available for downloading now (http://188.8.131.52/~koreanstudies.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AKSE-2018-NEWSLETTER-NOVEMBER-2018-EDITED.pdf ). Deep thanks to everybody who sent the information to the Newsletter!
Concomitantly, I would like to remind All members of AKSE and subscribers to the Newsletter that you are urged to submit materials to the Newsletter Editor for inclusion in Newsletter 43. Any information pertaining to academic Korean Studies in Europe is welcome. Submissions may be made in French, German or English, although English is strongly preferred. Please organise the information into the following categories:
1. General Information: You may include basic information about your department or program, such as the names of main faculty members, assistant instructors, and visiting scholars.
2. Academic Program: You may include here reports on the academic programme of study at a university or other academic institution, including reports on new developments in the programme of study, the number of students pursuing a particular degree course, numbers of graduates, or any other information relating to the academic programme of Korean Studies during the past year.
3. Seminars and Lectures: You may provide a list of seminars and lectures on Korea at your university during the past year. For each event, please give the date (in the format month-day-year),
title of the talk, and the event and venue.
4. Other Activities: Activities relating to Korean Studies which took place in your institution or country during the past year. Reports of cultural events and radio and TV programmes on Korea should be included here.
5. Scholars' Reports: You may include any papers presented, research undertaken or contemplated, performances presented, conferences attended, or any other scholarly activity related to Korean
Studies. Publications, however, should NOT be included here, but under category 6. Please note that a separate paragraph should be written for each person for whom information is provided. For talks
and paper presentations, the format should be: date (month-day-year), title of the paper, name of the event, and name of the venue.
6. Publications: You may include here you own publications or the publications of anyone else in your country which may be of serious interest to scholars of Korean Studies. You should NOT list any publications that are due to be published in the following academic year. As a model, see the format used under entries for any university.
7. Announcements: You may include here announcements on any events pertaining to the academic study of Korea.
PLEASE NOTE: Romanisation of Korean words and terms can be done according to either the Revised Romanization System or the McCune-Reischauer System unless the Yale System is used for linguistic purposes or a conventional spelling of a name is used. Spelling of English words should follow American conventions. Please do not use Hangeul or Chinese characters and do not use superscript text since it will appear too small to be easily readable.
Information should be provided as an email attachment. Any materials MUST be in MSWord. Materials to be included must reach the Editor by 31 JULY 2019 at the latest.
Professor Vladimir Tikhonov, Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages, Faculty of Humanities, Oslo University Blindern, Pb1010, Oslo, NO-0315, Norway
Email address: vladimir.tikhonov at ikos.uio.no?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies