[KS] Publication Announcement: Korea Journal, vol. 58, no. 4

Korea Journal koreajournal at aks.ac.kr
Mon Jan 28 00:04:54 EST 2019

  Dear list members,

  We are delighted to announce the publication of the Winter 2018 issue of the Korea Journal (vol. 58, no. 3).

  This issue includes six research articles and two book review manuscripts on modern and contemporary social issues of Korea which will provide interesting insight into Korean Studies.

  The abstracts and full text are available at www.ekoreajournal.net
  We welcomes submission of scholarly articles or book reviews that make new contributions to the field of Korean Studies.
  Also, we also would like to invite you to be guest editors for a special issue of the Korea Journal.

  Korea Journal, Winter 2018, Volume 58, No. 4

Articles

  Minkyu SUNG
  Not Yet Post-Cold War Era: A Genealogical Search for
the Cold War Discursive Infrastructure in Counter-Jongbuk
Surveillance Politics

  Woohyung CHON
  “Candlelight Documentary” as the Cultural
Politics of Recording and Memorizing, and
the Emergence of the Candlelight Plaza

  Mijeong KIM

  From “Vengeance” to “Forgiveness”:
The Spectatorial Ek-stasis and Hitchcockian
Cinematic Language in Park Chan-wook’s
Oldboy
Layoung SHIN
Queer Eye for K-Pop Fandom: Popular
Culture, Cross-gender Performance, and Queer
Desire in South Korean Cosplay of K-pop Stars

Geun Bae KIMThe Political Power-Mediated Expansion
of Science and Technology under the Park
Chung Hee Regime
Byeong-Seon YOON
and Wonkyu SONGAddressing the Agri-Food Crisis in Korea:
Implications of Food Sovereignty and the UN
Declaration on the Rights of Peasants

Book Reviews

  Samuel PERRY
  Review Essay on The Korean War in Asia:
A Hidden History

  John SAGERSNew Technologies and a New Generation of
Activists in South Korea

  All the best wishes,

  Korea Journal
  The Academy of Korean Studies