[KS] Please Circulate: Journal of Korean Religions, Volume 10, Issue 1 Now Available on Muse

journalkr journalkr at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Jun 11 08:35:34 EDT 2019

Dear all, We are pleased to announce that the Spring 2019 issue of the Journal of Korean Religions is now available on Muse https://muse.jhu.edu/issue/40481. Our issue is guested edited by Dr Richard D. McBride II and focuses on Buddhism in the Colonial Period.  The essays included in this special issue are: "The Remains from Ancient Times: Newly Formed Connections with Buddhist Culture Designated as "Art" or "Cultural Assets" by Kang Hee-jung. "The Making of Modern Monastic Families in Colonial Korea: An Examination of Master-Disciple Relations in Monks' Household Registers" by Jeongeun Park."Must Read Texts for Buddhists and the Modernization of Korean Buddhist Ritual" by Richard D. McBride II. The issue also contains a research essay by Paul Cha, "Accounting for North Korea: Korean Reunification, the CCIA, and the Korean Christians Federation". The Journal of Korean Religions is the only English-language academic journal dedicated to the study of Korean Religions.  We are currently seeking submissions on any aspect of Korean religions, including, but not limited to, Buddhism, Confucianism, philosophy, Christianity, and Shamanism.  Review essays and proposals for guest edited volumes are also welcome. Dr. Brendan Wright