[KS] [AKS] Call for Abstracts - The 10th World Congress of Korean Studies
Academy of Korean Studies
congress at aks.ac.kr
Tue Nov 5 00:08:52 EST 2019
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce that the 10th World Congress of Korean Studies will take place at the Free University of Berlin, Germany from August 31(Monday) to September 2(Wednesday), 2020.
The congress theme, “Korean Studies, Past and Present” is designed to invite scholars and experts presenting recent researches and exchanging academic information as well as networking among Koreanists.
Prospective participants are invited to submit proposals.
1. Congress Outline
◦ Theme : Korean Studies, Past and Present
◦ Dates : August 31(Monday) to September 2(Wednesday), 2020.
◦ Venue : Free University of Berlin, Germany
◦ Official language : Korean and English
◦ Hosts : Academy of Korean Studies
Institute of Korean Studies, Free University of Berlin
2. Congress Schedule
◦ Day 1 (August 31 Monday) : Opening Ceremony, Welcome Banquet
◦ Day 2 (September 1 Tuesday) : Full Conference days (Special Session, Panel Session)
◦ Day 3 (September 2 Wednesday) : Panel Session, Closing Ceremony, Farewell Banquet
3. Application Category & Required Documents
◦ Organized panel
- 4 presenters per panel, 100 minutes. A panelist may serve in multiple roles, [including moderator, presenter, and discussant.
- Panel organizer submits all required documents for the panel proposal.
- Required documents : panel proposal (1 page), paper abstracts (1 page each), presenters c.v. (1 page each).
◦ Individual papers
- The organizing committee will assign individual papers to panels.
- 4 to 5 presenters per panel, 100 minutes. A panelist may serve in multiple
roles, including moderator, presenter, and discussant.
- Required documents : paper abstract (1 page), presenter c.v. (1 page).
* Page length assumes A4 paper, 12-point font.
4. Abstract Submission & Application Period
◦ Please sign up at the WCKS website (http://congress.aks.ac.kr), click Call for Abstracts, and submit the required documents (MS Word files only).
Application period : by December 20(Friday), 2019
5. Registration Fee, Accommodation and Meals
◦ Registration Fee : €100 (Student: €50)
◦ Accommodation and Meals : Three nights of lodging (two persons per room, breakfast included) and meals will be provided to presenters.
* Further details will be informed when the notification of proposal review result.
6. Key information for Prospective Participants
◦ Proposal Submission : by December 20(Friday), 2019
◦ Notification of paper acceptance : January 31(Friday), 2020
◦ Participant Registration : February 28(Friday), 2020
◦ Full Paper Submission : May 1(Friday), 2020
* The schedule may change depending on the progress.
7. For further information, please contact the Secretariat of the World Congress of Korean Studies Organizing Committee
◦ Website : http://congress.aks.ac.kr
◦ E-mail : congress at aks.ac.kr
The Academy of Korean Studies
E-mail : congress at aks.ac.kr
TEL : +82-31-739-9715
FAX : +82-31-739-9719
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies