[KS] 2020 KUGS Conference Cancellation

Korea University koreahistoryconference at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:39:21 EDT 2020

Dear 2020 KUGS Conference Participant:

I hope this letter finds you healthy and safe. It is with deep regret that
we inform you of the cancellation of the 2020 Korea University Graduate
Student Conference in Seoul, South Korea. Over the past few weeks, the KUGS
leadership and faculty have been monitoring worldwide developments related
to COVID-19. With many countries and regions recommending self-quarantine
and many institutions strongly advising staff, faculty and students to
restrict travel, we know it is no longer practical nor ethical to continue
with our annual conference.

We plan to hold the conference next year in 2021, and all accepted papers
for the 2020 conference will automatically be included in the 2021
conference.

Thank you for your participation and support of our conference. We hope the
situation around the world normalizes soon without harm to you and your
loved ones, and to see you next year.

Sincerely,

Leighanne Yuh, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Korean History

Associate Editor, *International Journal of Korean History*

Korea University

--

*Annual Korea University **Graduate Student Conference*

Department of Korean History, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea

Inquiries: For general conference and abstract submission inquiries, please
contact:koreahistoryconference at gmail.com