[KS] New Ebook on the 1871 US Military Action in Korea (신미양요)

Thomas Duvernay profduv at yu.ac.kr
Sun Jul 5 01:04:38 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

A couple of weeks ago, my ebook on the 1871 US military action in Korea
(신미양요) went live on multiple platforms through Seoul Selection. It's been
twenty-five years in the making, much of which has been literal fieldwork.
I tried to write it in a way that would appeal to all audiences. Although
it is currently only in ebook format, the publisher may also put out a
hardcopy version if there is enough interest. I certainly hope that there
will be.

One reason I worked hard to get this out now is that next year, 2021, is
the sesquicentennial of the action. Over the years, I have seen many papers
written on the topic that were flawed, at best, so I am hoping to make sure
that there is accurate information out there.

Here is the Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Sinmiyangyo-Conflict-Between-United-States-ebook/dp/B08BF9J9HB/ref=sr_1_1

It is available on many platforms:

1. Amazon Kindle
2. Apple iBooks
3. Google Books
4. Barnes & Noble
5. Kobo
6. Scribd
7. Overdrive
8. EBSCO
9. ProQuest
10. 24symbols
11. Tolino
12. Vivlio
13. Bibliotheca
14. Baker & Taylor
15. Hoopla
16. Lulu
17. 교보문고
18. 리디북스
19. 북큐브
20. YES24
21. 알라딘
22. 인터파크 도서

I also have a website and Facebook page, which I intend to include more
information about the 신미양요 in print, photos, and videos.

http://www.shinmiyangyo.org

https://www.facebook.com/Sinmiyangyo-The-1871-Conflict-Between-the-United-States-and-Korea-107674994343264/

Thank you very much!

Thomas Duvernay