[KS] Call for abstracts: U of Hawai’i-Mānoa's SPAS Graduate Student Conference

Graduate Conference gradconf at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 3 13:51:14 EST 2020

Aloha everyone,

My name is Kimery Lynch, I'm one of the graduate teaching assistants for
the Asian Studies department at the University of Hawai’i-Mānoa. We are
excited to announce that we will be holding the 32nd annual School of
Pacific & Asian Studies (SPAS) Graduate Student Conference online in a
webinar format this year, and wanted to invite Korean studies graduate
students from all fields to present at the conference. We have attached the
poster and official call for abstracts to this email with the full details.

[image: 2021 SPAS Conference Poster.png]

The title for this year's conference is "Innovation, Adaptation, and
Resilience: Overcoming Challenges Across Asia". Our theme welcomes
submissions from any discipline that tackles novel approaches to both new
and old challenges in Asia. The attached call for abstracts has more
details.

The conference will be held online from *April 14th-15th, 2021*. The due
date for abstracts is *January 31st, 2021*.

Additionally, we have 3 confirmed keynote speakers from diverse fields who
may be of interest:

   -

   Dr. Aynne Kokas <http://www.aynnekokas.com/#bio>- University of Virginia
   - US and China data security + tech
   -

   Dr. Jeremy Spoon <http://jeremyspoon.com/> - Portland State University -
   reconstruction in post-earthquake Nepal + indiginous land rights
   -

   Dr. Mireya Solís <https://www.brookings.edu/experts/mireya-solis/> - The
   Brookings Institution - US-Japan relations

Please feel free to share with any graduate students/departments who might
be interested in presenting their research. We also encourage all
interested participants to follow the social media accounts listed on the
CFA for any updates, such as future zoom registration links.

Mahalo,
--
Kimery Lynch (kimery at hawaii.edu) & Hannah Cole (hcole7 at hawaii.edu)
Co-organizers

Asian Studies Graduate Student Conference 2021
School of Pacific and Asian Studies (SPAS)
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa