[KS] Special Issue: Visualising Korea: Critical Moments in History, Society and Politics

Shim, D. david.shim at rug.nl
Fri Aug 6 05:11:26 EDT 2021

Dear Members of the Korean Studies List,

Allow me to direct your attention to the Special Issue "Visualising Korea:
Critical Moments in History, Society and Politics", which just appeared:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/casr20/45/3

It has been edited by Roland Bleiker, David Chapman and me.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much.

Best

David

Dr. David Shim
Senior Lecturer <http://www.rug.nl/staff/david.shim/>
Master Programme Coordinator (Mon, 9-12h & Wed, 9-12h)

University of Groningen
Faculty of Arts
Department of International Relations and International Organization
<http://www.rug.nl/research/icog/research/research-centres/centre-for-internatlonal-relations-research-/international-relations-and-security-studies/>

Oude Kijk in't Jatstraat 26
9712 EK Groningen
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 50 363 7896
Room: 1315.0513
Blog: visualglobalpolitics <https://imagingglobalpolitics.wordpress.com/>

New Publications!
Militarizing Antimilitarism? Exploring the Gendered Representation of
Military Service in German Recruitment Videos on Social Media, *International
Feminist Journal of Politics
<https://doi.org/10.1080/14616742.2021.1935289>*. 2021 (with Frank Stengel).

Memorials’ Politics: Exploring the Material Rhetoric of the *Statue of
Peace*, *Memory Studies <https://doi.org/10.1177/17506980211024328>*. 2021.

Cinematic Representations of the Gwangju Uprising: Visualizing the “new”
Korea in *A Taxi Driver*, *Asian Studies Review
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10357823.2020.1837071>*. 2020
(open access).

The Fuzzy Side of Publicness: Visualising Street Politics of Everyday Life
through the Lens of Distance, *Space and Culture
<https://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/XKV54FFHZRTM2S3XGEXC/full>*. 2020
(with Mohamed Saleh and Gert De Roo, open access).