[KS] Course on Health in North Korea

Ye jin Kang yjnkng88 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:05:37 EST 2021

Dear KS Listserv Members,

I write with information about a course on North Korean healthcare. If you
could please word of this course to any interested individuals, I would
appreciate it very much.

Thank you, Ye jin

Pediatrics Resident,  University of Texas Southwestern
*Harvard Medical School | M.D.  '18*
*MSc Medical Anthropology, MPP*
Founder, Executive Director, www.globalhumanitarianengagement.org

*Global Humanitarian Engagement: Announcing an online course to empower the
next generation to address health and humanitarianism in the DPRK*

Our first online course on health was run in 2015, and it received
applications from worldwide and convened the top lecturers in health and
humanitarianism on the DPRK. These lecturers have decades of experience
working on health and humanitarian topics ranging from medical education to
delivery of medication for hepatitis.

Below is the curriculum for the online health course

Module 1: Introduction and Broad Overview of the DPRK

Module 2: Public Health and Political History in the DPRK

Module 3: International Engagement with the DPRK

Module 4: PUST Division of Medical Sciences – Health Capacity Strengthening

Module 5: Strengthening Public Health through NGO Engagement

Module 6: Tackling Hepatitis – A Joint NGO/MoPH Approach

There will be a *workshop* to teach practical principles of aid delivery
and to address unique social and political challenges of working in the
country

The cost of each DPRK Course is $5.00, which will be collected through
PayPal to help cover online programming costs and administrative fees. Any
remaining funds will be used to help Global Humanitarian Engagement further
its educational efforts. For more information about the course and to
apply, please complete the online application in advance of the noted
deadline.

Dates for the next course: 6 weeks, starting April 12, 2021

Apply via this application form <https://forms.gle/9EzPcydWmF8y3FR2A> by
March 20,2021
Questions? Please email contact at globalhumanitarianengagement.org-